ERT Expert Paper – Renewed Sustainable Finance Strategy (“RSFS”)
This paper contains recommendations on the RSFS from the real economy.
- In order to ensure the practical applicability of instruments such as the taxonomy it is very important that all relevant stakeholders and industries are involved and consulted on an ongoing basis – even those who are not members of the Platform on Sustainable Finance.
- A stable and technology-neutral regulatory framework can support sustainable investments and complete the shift to long-term value creation.
- The EU taxonomy must be brought in line with existing classification systems and existing EU legislation.
- The EU taxonomy should encourage all sectors and industries to contribute to a more sustainable economy.
- There is a strong need to support investments in R&I through sustainable finance tools.
- Increased international cooperation on efforts to further develop sustainable finance instruments and promote the integration of markets is essential.
- There is a proliferation of national calls for regulation in corporate responsibility, including for mandatory due diligence. ERT requests mechanisms to ensure alignment across these initiatives to support companies to respect human rights.